Global and International Studies Building, 3036
Courses Recently Taught
- People and Cultures of the Middle East
- Representations of Islam and Muslims in Anthropological Literature
- Islam and Politics in Central Asia and the Middle East
- Post-Taliban Afghan/Global Terror
- Muslim States and Societies
- The Kirghiz and Wakhi of Afghanistan: Adaptation to Closed Frontiers and War. Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 2002.
- Editor, with Robert L. Canfield. Revolutions and Rebellions in Afghanistan: Anthropological Perspectives. Berkeley: Institute of International Studies, University of California, 1984.
- The Kirghiz and Wakhi of Afghanistan: Adaptation of Closed Frontiers. Seattle: University of Washington Press, 1979.