Global and International Studies Building, 3049
Courses Recently Taught
- Gender, Difference, and Israel
- Israeli Inequality in Context
- Multiple Voices of Israeli Society
- Shifting Ethnic Boundaries and Inequality in Israel, or: How the Polish Peddler Became a German Intellectual. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press, 2008.
- "Orientalism at the Gates: Immigration, The East/West Divide, and Elite Iraqi Jewish Women who Immigrated in Israel in the 1950s." Signs 32(1) 2006: 197–220.
- "Did the Israeli State Engineer Segregation? On the Placement of Jewish Immigrants in Development Towns in the 1950s." Social Forces, (84)1: 115–34.
- "Jews in Israel: Effects of Categorization Practice on Research Findings and Research Frames." Studies in Contemporary Jewry, forthcoming.
- "A Tale of Baghdad and Tel Aviv." In Struggle and Survival in Israel and Palestine, edited by Levine, M. and G. Shafir, 256–70. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2012.